August 12, 2016
Energizing and Engaging Your Students: Personalized Learning and Habits of Mind
- What is Personalized Learning?
- What are the Habits of Mind?
- How do they fit together?
- Practical examples from other schools
- Getting started
- Building Curriculum with Habits of Mind in Mind
- Reflections on learning
Powerpoint: Energizing and Engaging Your Students: Personalized Learning and Habits of Mind
Habits of Mind: What are they?
- What are the 16 Habits of Mind? – DOWNLOAD
- What are the two additional habits that you would choose for the entire school? Use the polling link on the website to weigh in.
- Mentimeter Poll: Link
Video: The Skills of a 21st Century Mind in Action
Video: Changing the Subject
Personalized Learning: How is Personalized Learning Defined?
- Link: Maya Angelou Reads Her Poem, “The Human Family,” in New iPhone Ad Released for the Olympics’ Opening Ceremony
Changing Roles of Students and Teachers in Key Elements of Personalized Learning
- Chart: 1 pager on key elements of personalized learning and how habits of mind impact the role of teacher and the role of the student PL Elements and Habits of Mind
Teaching Habits of Mind
- Casting Call: Enter the Habits of Mind – Casting Call
Examples of how Habits of Mind and Personalized Learning Fit Together?
Think Allowed Problem Solving – DOWNLOAD
Pose Challenging Problems then Invite Students to:
- Describe their plans and strategies for solving the problem
- Share their thinking as they are implementing their plan
- Reflect on/evaluate the effectiveness of their strategy.
Link: Design Guideline Challenge – How Did We Do?
PL Chart—teacher student – DOWNLOAD
MindFul ReMINDers: Metacognition – DOWNLOAD
The Metacognitive Staircase: Exploring Meanings, Expanding Capacities, Extending Values, Increasing Alertness, Building Commitment
Reflections on Learning
Stay up to date with newsletters and important announcements! Please fill in your contact information below: